Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Taxi & the Drivers

Finding a cab after work has always been a challenge in Dubai. Rush hour. People everywhere. You really have to be smart on how to get a cab like positioning yourself in a strategic location.

I've encountered all sorts of taxi drivers from amusing me to annoying me.

Let's start with the annoying once.

1. Those who will just passed by you because they see a European or a Westener waiting. Discrimination unfortunately.

2. Taking a bath is for heavensake a thing that some drivers don't understand. Having a bath isn't that hard. I have to open my windows to get some fresh air or immediately spray perfume on my hand and smell it the entire time. What I hate the most? Is when I'm at the back seat and infront of me is the driver. The driver will just have to put his arms right next to the window and there you go! Right next to my nose is the most disgusted smell.

3. Picking their noses! I had this one time that I was looking for the exact amount of my bill coz I saw how the driver picked his nose. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any. Much to my dismay, I have to get my change. I immediately took hold of my hand sanitizer and apply whatever is left of it.

4. Really rude drivers. They don't want near distances coz they won't be earning that much.

5. Drivers who display their knowledge of our language. Every single word that they know, they will suddenly enumerate it even if you don't want to hear the rest of it. Tsk tsk tsk!

And the ones that made my taxi ride worthwhile:-

1. A big smile the moment that you ride their taxi.
2. A clean and good-smelling taxi and driver
3. I had a chance to ride with a driver who loves to sing that we even had a duet. I gave a huge tip to the guy coz he sang perfectly well.
4. Honest drivers who return stuff that don't belong to them

For the time being that I don't have yet my car, I'll just have to bear with it and enjoy the ride :)

No comments: